Saturday, October 21, 2006

Maskipaps!

Earlier this week I was thinking of making a blog site about the dishes that comes out from my kitchen. I was inspired by the various blog sites I have visited and so I was wondering, why don't I do one. Just for fun. So I am here now seated writing this first entry about my various adventure with my kitchen.

So what would it be? What would be a good name for the site? Cafe Miguel? Kusina ni Miguel? Kusina ni Michael? Lutong Bahay? hmm...sounds more like a name for a cafeteria or your nearest "carinderia". How about "MASKIPAPS!"? Yup that's it! "Maskipaps!" is a very good name. Why? Well "Maskipaps!" is short for "MASKI PAPaano" (however/whatever --> have I made the right translations?). I used to remember my mom's cooking. Sometimes we ask her the name of the dish and she will just answer back "maskipaps". So we thought, at that time (I was too young to know), that it was the name of the dish. But then, everytime we ask her about the names of the other dishes she prepares, she replies with "maskipaps". Then we learned that it was just a term she use to describe a cooking of sorts (I am too glad that I survived!).

So here I am now, doing a blog site for my own style of cooking. Maskipaps I'll call it, though sometimes I use cook books or follow what's on TV. But most of the time, it is basically instinct, hoping that whatever I mix in the pan would come out nice and eatable. Hopefully, I will survive the little "experiments" I am doing in the kitchen and would be able to write all about it here. Also, I would be uploading pics of those "interesting" dishes for you to savore. Just don't sue me if ever you tried some and ended at the ER. Again, trying out some is at your own risk. Bon appetit!

No comments: